Monday 22 April 2013

Avon Reviews Galore!

Hey everyone! I want to apologize for my absence- I've had rugby, school, my family, friends [and boyfriend] to think about and spend time with! But don't worry because I am back and boy do I have some reviews for you!

I have so many great products to write about, and they are all from Avon! You know I don't really like a long introduction, so let's cut to the chase.

ANEW Clarifying Hand Cream
 This hand cream is meant to make dark spots on your hands fade away with daily use of it. Though I am only 16 years old and do not have dark spots anywhere, I think it's safe to say that this is my favourite moisturizer! It hydrates your skin and has a barely-there fragrance to it. It leaves your skin feeling soft, smooth, and young! You can purchase this hand cream from Avon for only $14.99!

From the Mark Collection...
Marrakesh Instant Vacation Eau de Toitlette Spray
 Oh my gosh you guys, this is a must-have for the summer! It is the warmest, most amazing thing I have ever smelled before. It is "an exotic blend of lavish Moroccan jasmine, neroli blossoms, spicy cardamom, wild fig and crushed mint". Tell me that doesn't sound amazing?! What I love about this perfume is that it doesn't have an over powering smell to it. When I smell it, I immediately think about summer time and the warmth of the sun....sigh, how I miss summer...Anywhooo, you can purchase this for the affordable price of $26! Also, check out their other stuff from their new Marrakesh theme! (Some stuff is down below)
Nailed It (trend mini nail lacquers)
First of all, I'd like to apologize because I do not have any swatches of the nail polishes that are featured in this post. I really need to catch up on my reviews so I don't have time to paint my nails, let them dry, take pictures, and upload them. Anyways, these are probably the most metallic nail polishes that I own at the moment! The Saffron (right) is beaaaaautiful and I recently wore it with pink nail polish for my semi-formal! These polishes don't chip very easily so they are guarenteed to last a while! These two polishes come together as a set for only $8! 
Exotic Beauty (face mosaics)
I have never been one to wear powders, blushes, or bronzers. I think it has to do with the fact that I usually put waaaaay too much on and I either look like a peach or an orange. But receiving this powder made me excited to start practicing my skills with it! My thoughts on this powder is that it is very shimmery, but not in a bad way. It doesn't make you look like Edward Cullen when you're in the light, but it does add a subtle sparkle. It also lasts all day, which is a plus! This face mosaic is $16. Down below is a swatch:
 Exotic Hues (eye shadow trio)
These are probably the most pigmented eyeshadows that I have found from Avon so far! I am head-over-heels in love with these colours! They were "inspired by the vibrant spices found in the city's souks". These shadows are also baked for long-lasting wear! I highly recommend you guys check them out, and purchase them for the price of $12! Enjoy a swatch down below:
 Glossworks Lip Gloss
Guys....Guys....These lipsticks are...Too amazing for words...Oh my goodness. They are so flippin' pigmented and glossy that I want to just purchase each colour...Three times. They really remind me of the Lip Glazes from Stila, only more pigmented and less shimmery. I love how the colours make my lips pop all day long! As a bonus, they are summer-perfect because they have an SPF of 15! Down below is a swatch of the colours (left to right) Roseland, Tempest, and Tropica:

Celestial Summer 2013 Colour Collection *available June 2013
Cosmic Nail Enamels  
Left to Right: Saturn, Aurora, Galaxy, Starlight, Starburst
Avon was generous enough to send me their new collection for the summer, which is the Celestial Colour Collection. The name gives you a clue that there will be a lot of shimmery cosmetics in this collection! I absolutely love the nail polishes that Avon has because they are long-lasting and are always bold colours! I think my favourite colours are Galaxy (because any shade of blue is gorgeous) and Aurora. These nail polishes will be available for $6 each!
Cosmic Eye Shadows
Right when I saw these I couldn't help but admire the swirls and how gorgeous these shadows are! They are baked and have a long life on your lids....did I mention they were really pretty? Definitely the coolest looking shadows I have! I have found different eye shadows that are more pigmented than these, but these shadows still show up very well! Once the collection comes out I will for sure buy the rest of the colours! The ones that you see in the swatch below (left to right) are Purple Haze, Midnight Sky, Jaded Moon, Cosmic Brown:
Glimmersticks Eye Liners
I have been eyeing the Glimmersticks in the Avon catalogue for a while now and I was so happy when they sent me these! I've purchased some of their older glimmersticks in the past, and they are some of the creamiest eye liners I've come across! I will admit, sometimes they do break easily, but not enough to make me not want to buy them again. These pigmented eye liners are a must-have, and are great at completing night-time looks! Each Glimmerstick will be available for $7. The colours you see down below (top to bottom) are Starlight Blue, Blackened Night, Galactic Green, and Purple Haze:

Wow that was long........

I'll be back with more Avon reviews next week! (and other posts, of course)

xx Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment