Friday 18 January 2013

Liebster Award

It took me a few days to notice this, but I was nominted by Olivia (http://www.teenawake.blogspot.co.uk/) for the Liebster Award! Check out her blog, she is truly fabulous :)

I don't really know how to describe what the Liebster Award is, so I will just copy 'n paste what Olivia had written on her blog:

What is the Liebster Award? I only just found out myself! 

The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. What does Liebster mean though?  Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest and welcome. 

The rules of the award are that each person must post 11 things about themselves, answer the questions that the person who awarded them provided and then create 11 more questions to ask the 11 more people you wish to give the award to... right. Here goes. 

Okay so 11 things about myself: 
1. My favourite feature about myself is definitely my eyes. I always get complimented on them :) 
2. Peanut butter is a staple in my day to day living. I haven't gone a day without peanut butter in a looong time. 
3. I am a vegetarian of 1 year, 2 months, 4 weeks 
4. I am a huge health freak but I still love to indulge in sweets a few times a week. It's all about the 80-20 rule for me 
5. I own a cat named Claws who is 23 years old
6. I get up at 6 every morning... even on weekends
7. Fashion has always been my love, but I am considering going to university to study Nutrition.
8. My best friend and I always talk about owning a bakery
9. I have 3 siblings- an older sister, a younger sister, and a younger brother
10. If you have an iphone, don't be surprised if I take a ton of selfies
11. For the past 4 and a half months, I have been by my dad's side while he fights cancer. I love him very much ♥

And now the questions I was asked to answer:
1. Sandals or flip flops and why?
Oh, that's a hard one. Ummm probably sandles, but if I really want to be casual I'll grab a pair of flip flops.
2. Lipstick or lip gloss and why?
Lipstick. I've never been a huge fan of shiny lips and lipstick has a more bolder look to it- which I love!
3. What would be your fashion nightmare?
I think it'd have to be wearing too many loud accesories/pieces of clothing at once.  
4. What about your fashion dream?

There are a lot! Finally have my own cosmetics and fashion line, working for a fashion magazine; basically anything in the fashion industry! :)
5. What's the best moisturiser you've ever used?
I always go with St. Ives. Gotta love it!
6. Would you colour in/dye your eyebrows or do you leave them alone?

I leave my eyebrows alone because I don't think they need anything done to them.
7. Are you a tea lover, coffee lover or neither?

TEA ALL THE WAY! ♥
8. Would you shop in a charity shop for new trends?

Of course! I've done it many times before and have walked away with some cute pieces.
9. Have you ever DIY your own clothes?

Yupp, I have cut some of my older t-shirts into workout tanks and a pair of high waist jeans into shorts. 
10. What is your aim for 2013?
For my early career in fashion to take off! Baby steps, though. 
11. What do you aim to achieve with your blog in the next 5 years? 
Hopefully I can get to know some of my readers better and have a very successful blog!

WHO DO I TAG? Well, here they are! Now, to be honest I don't know many blogs to chose right now, so I'm going to have to break the rules a bit. But these three blogs I did end up chosing are fantabulous so please check them out and follow! :) 
 
http://fashion4teens.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.bbloggerschat.blogspot.ca/
http://sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk/

Please either tweet me @TheMandyBirch, or simply comment on this post when you have posted your answers to the following questions! :)

1. When did you first get into fashion/makeup?
2. Who is your biggest inspiration? (Fashion or not)
3. Favourite makeup brand?
4. Favourite clothing brand?
5. If you had your own clothing/cosmetics line, what would you name it?
6. Do you plan on having a career in the fashion industry in the future?
7. What is one beauty product you could not live without?
8. Who would you say is your 'biggest fan'?
9. Favourite beauty guru from Youtube? 
10. How often do you go shopping?
11. Peanut butter or jelly? 


xx Mandy        


      
        

2 comments:

  1. Great blog, following you now!

    peculiarchick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks! I love your blog and have followed it :) xx

      Delete