Thursday 3 January 2013

In The Know: Street Style

We've all heard of the trend Street Style or Street Fashion, but what exactly is it? 

Street fashion is fashion that is considered to have emerged not from studios, but from the grassroots. Street fashion is generally associated with youth culture, and is most often seen in major urban centers. Japenese street fashion sustains multiple simultaneous highly diverse fashion movements at any given time. Mainstream fashion often appropriates street fashion trends as influences. Most major youth subcultures have had an associated street fashion. 
                                                                                                                                      -Wikipedia

I don't know about you, but I am in love with Street Style. As mentioned in my very first blog post, everytime I'm downtown, I get overwhelmed by all the different looks I see. My personal favourite is the hipster look. 
Some other types of Street Style are:
Hippies
Teddy Boys
 Punk- as seen on the well known singer Avril Lavigne
Skinhead
Street Style never looks the same. It is so easy to add your own flare to it and make it an original look, whether it's an accessory, or your shoes. There is something about Street Style that appeals to me more than clothing on the runway.  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment