Friday 17 May 2013

Fashion Friday: How To Be Fashionably Comfortable!

This post is for those who want to look nice, but don't want to put much effort into their look and want to be comfy cozy. I personally have those days on Fridays and Mondays, and these are the things that I do to still look my best while wearing the comfiest clothes ever!

First of all, let me just say that the whole Uggs, shorts, and sweater look is not going to be included in this post.....just no. Please don't go there. Or just at least save it for when you don't leave the house.

Clothing
1. Tight on the top, loose on the bottom 
I'm talking about a fitted t-shirt or tank top and your favourite pair of sweatpants. These go so well together, and if you pair them with moccasins, Birkenstocks, or Uggs, then your outfit is complete! My personal favourite sweatpants are definitely the ones at Roots...so comfy and warm!

2. Loose on the top, tight on the bottom
So this may be a fashion faux-pas for some people, but I still believe it looks cute...Wearing a baggy sweater/shirt with leggings and some boat shoes are my absolute favourite things to wear on a lazy day! Try looking for an old sweater that looks sort of vintage (or maybe even a school sweater), or a loose button-up denim shirt for your top, and a simple pair of black leggings under! And if you really want to be comfortable, wear a sports bra underneath! And in the summer time, swap the leggings for yoga shorts and the sweater for a loose tank top with a bandeau/sports bra underneath. Flip flips, Birkenstocks, or boat shoes would be totally fine for this outfit!

Makeup
If you don't feel like putting on a whole glob of makeup (trust me, we all have those days, inluding me), then here are some tips that i follow:
1. Only apply concealer
This way, you'll still be able to cover up your dark circles, and you save time by not applying your foundation. I do this a lot in the summer when I'm out in the sun all day and don't feel like wearing a thick mask of foundation on my face.

2. One eyeshadow only
Don't spend so much time trying to create the perfect smokey eye look! On my lazy days, I like to just apply a tope/white eyeshadow on the inner corners of my eyes to highlight them. I thenk apply some eyeliner on my water lines and some mascara to lengthen my lashes, and I am finished!

3. Nude lipstick
If you aren't going to get all dressed up, don't make your face dressed up. Your goal is to keep it simple everywhere, so bright or colourful lips are out of the question. I like to stick to light pink/ nude lipsticks if I choose to wear some at all. This way, your lips will make your face look very subtle and relaxed.

Hair
We all have those days where we just throw our hair into the trendy messy bun. All I can say is: go for it! But please, there is such thing as putting it too high up on your head. As long as it isn't right on top or is closer to your forehead than the back of your head, it will look fine! If the bun isn't your thing, try a side braid or ponytail. These classic do's will always look great!

Just a side note, I'm not saying that if you don't follow these rules then you won't look good....these are just my own personal opinions, and you are all free to wear whatever you'd like:)

xx Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment